- Legal Help
- The Court System in Tennessee
- Understand Important Legal Terms
- How to Find a Lawyer
- Representing Yourself in Court
- Court Forms You May Need
- Find Resources in Your County
- Find Information on Many Topics
- Alternatives to Court
- Email an Attorney
- Legal Clinics in Tennessee
Glossary of Legal Terms
An agreement by a third party to pay a certain sum of money if the defendant fails to appear in court.
Trial held before judge sitting without a jury; jury waived trial.
Process issued by the court or "from the bench" for the attachment or arrest of a person.
The act by which a court or magistrate requires a person to enter into a recognizance
A legal document, prepared by an attorney, which presents the law and facts supporting his or her client.